"I Didn't Know DB2 Did That!"
(Basic to Advanced)
DB2 Application Developers
Bonnie K. Baker
Have you ever wondered what goes on inside DB2 when your SQL is being executed? This seminar is designed to answer exactly that question and more by taking an advanced look at DB2 Components and the Optimizer's instructions for various SQL access paths. While simple paths will be reviewed, this class will focus on those difficult to understand access paths and answer questions like:
- When does a RIDPOOL failure NOT result in a Tablespace Scan?
- What happens during a Hybrid Join and what is a "Type C" Hybrid Join?
- Why (today) do I need to code both a GROUP BY and an ORDER BY on the same columns to insure that my GROUPs are returned in ORDER?
- How can a 64-partition DPSI be used for SORT Avoidance?
- If DB2 does not lock indexes, how does DB2 know if Index-Only data is "clean" or "dirty"?
- Exactly when are result sets built at OPEN CURSOR?
- Which DSNZPARMs affect access path selection and operation?
- And much, much more!
With this advanced knowledge, designing indexes and tuning SQL will be a lot easier and a whole lot less confusing.